Monday, June 15, 2009
Crayola crayons, 24 pack, 2005.Image via Wikipedia

Everywhere in the Philippines, it's the First Day of Classes! Back to School! 
I miss those days of being a carefree student. 
Yes, I admit it, I was carefree and negligent.
How many times have I heard my teachers or instructors complain that " You're smart but lazy."?
Today, I celebrate the fact that my eldest child is now going to a playschool.
I can proudly say that she didn't cry.
She went inside and was assured that her "Mama" - her grandma was waiting outside and reading the newspaper.
My mom told me the story with so much pride. She went inside, she was assured that Mama was just outside reading the newspaper. She never came out to look for her. She had fun making a drawing with her new crayons. She couldn't wait to show them to me. 
It was a picture of eggs. She also sang and participated.
I find comfort that when I asked her teacher thru text(sms) how she did. She said, "Quiet, but answers when talked to." I think that's nice. I asked my mom if there were any crying students, she told me at least 4 of the 8 kids that were there was crying. A mom even had to sit-in during the class. Oh well. That happens a lot. They grow really attached.
My daughter was excited to play with new toys and meet new people. That much, is what I think. You might be wondering if she was ever left with strangers, the answer is no. But ' teacher' was someone she met at least 3 times before classes. I had a half-hour meeting with her 'teacher' while there was a class. I brought my son as well and I stayed in the room. I was proud because she was shy then, but later, interacted with her new friends. She liked the teacher.
We visited again, to get the forms, and ask for requirements. We (Hubby and I) brought the kids again. Then, a third time to finalize her enrollment. I guess, we gave her a smooth transition for going to school.
Now, I'm all agog as to what will she wear again for tomorrow. Will also be busy packing her bag for school.
The house was quiet for 2 whole hours. I got to start cleaning the overstocked closet.
I was lucky enough that little boy wanted to take a nap because he couldn't sleep well last night.
I hope she learns from the school. I wonder if, I can enroll her next year. She'll be 4. Would that mean I can enroll her in Kinder? Or does she have to through nursery?
I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

oh her first day of school. My son starts his first day in a couple months he is three and I am worried about him crying. He also hasn't been left with strangers before. Your daughter gives me hope. I am glad she had a great first day.

 

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Written by Mys All Rights Reserved.
Just Like Me 2 Theme created by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Edited by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.