Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Something I look forward to on Tv



While waiting for Amazing Race Asia to come along and suffering since we don't have AXN-Beyond, I encountered this tv show. I was totally blown away. I love Magic tricks and so does Hubby. But learning how to do the magic tricks gives me even more respect to the one who thought out the details of the trick or the engineers (so I've learned from 'The Prestige'). It's just pure genius and amazing.

Yes, this show shows/reveals/unravels the mystery of all the tricks. The revelations are done by a Masked Magician since he is said to be "Breaking the Magician's Code" - that "  A magician should never reveal how he does his trick." Some tricks done by David Blaine, Criss Angel, David Copperfield and the famous milkcan trick of Harry Houdini himself were revealed. Tricks like levitation, walking on a swimming pool, changing a Bentley into a Jaguar, making a string quartet disappear, making models with very tall boots disappear in seconds are just a few of the tricks revealed.

To me, it doesn't matter much that the trick is exposed, I'd still appreciate going and watching to a live magic show and still be amazed. It's knowing that it is just a trick and that at least I know a little or I may begin to imagine how the trick was done.

I'm more interested to find out about the mind reading magicians. Can they really read your mind?

Who is your favorite Magician? Do you believe in Magic?

My favorite magician is David Blaine, even if I've read the ebook of how he does his tricks, his performance always amazes me. My stand on Magic is simple. Earth is a big place, there still might be magic, untapped, or undiscovered or just purely unknown to me. Nature itself is Magic, there's got to be a lot more out there.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Written by Mys All Rights Reserved.
Just Like Me 2 Theme created by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Edited by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.