Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boys Over Flowers Fever

It's official. I've been hit by the Boys Over Flowers (Korean Series) Fever.
I shouldn't have doubted it when I so fell in love over Meteor Garden that I watched not only the first Meteor Garden but the second one as well.
I found this on the internet. I think it's a very cute collage. It's a collage of the characters and in what version.
 
First column are the anime characters taken from Hana Yori Dango.
Second column is from Meteor Garden the Taiwanese version.
Third column is from Hana Yori Dango Japanese version.
Last and not the least is Boys over Flowers Korean version.
What's recurring and amazing to me is my discovery that I always love the female lead character and of course the male lead. But more than my love for the lead character my favorite character is the last row. I loved Vaness Wu's take on his role and I'm also loving the Mafia guy at Boys Over Flowers. 
I can't compare the Jdorama since I haven't seen it. But I've learned that like the Taiwan version there are 2 seasons and not just one. I think it's cute that the lead males of both Korea and Taiwan look too much alike. Don't you think so? Specially with the straight hair. Maybe it's their nose and the eyes.
I love Meteor Garden 1 and 2 since it's the first one I saw. Plus the actors age are all closer to mine. The Koreans are much too young for my taste.
Korean and Taiwan version have the same essential elements though now after finishing the Korean series, well the Korean is much more modern plus I love the addition of more 'back' stories and flashbacks. 
Just wanted to share what I'm obsessing about now. Next week, it's probably One Tree Hill and Gossip girl just ended in ETC but wasn't able to watch it. Will browse youtube if I can find it there.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Written by Mys All Rights Reserved.
Just Like Me 2 Theme created by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Edited by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.