Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grab your Running Shoes!

How she kick boxes in athletic shoes she can s...Image by colorblindPICASO via Flickr
As my title suggests, I am here to ask you to grab your running shoes, and this time for a cause!
Sara Wilson found me, and here I am asking you to join an event that will help New York City Kids.

New York City is close to my heart, since my Aunt and her family lives there. I have 2 nephews in New York too.

From their site:
Fresh Air Fund is a non-profit agency that has provided free summer experiences in the US to more than 1.7 million New York City children from disadvantaged communities.  Each year, thousands of children visit volunteer host families in 13 states and Canada through the Friendly Town Program or attend one of five Fresh Air Fund camps.

They have other programs which you can see in their site.  Be one of the Fresh Air Fund-Racers by running on a half marathon on August 16. So mark your calendars, shape up and grab those running shoes.

For more information on registration as a runner or becoming a sponsor  please click this link.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Written by Mys All Rights Reserved.
Just Like Me 2 Theme created by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Edited by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.