Saturday, November 27, 2010

Best Ways to Give Back

If you read my blog regularly, you probably already know that I love to hold contests. It's fun to compete and win things and they are a great way to get feedback about my blogs, their design, and learn new things about marketing.

Since it's the holiday season, I want to place less of an emphasis on winning and more of an emphasis on giving! So let's hear your ideas! What are some of your favorite ways to give back to your community or those in need? Some of mine are:

1) Buy from retailers who care. I'm not a big fan of corporate greed, and I love to support businesses and retailers who give back or donate proceeds. One of my favorites is Toms shoes, which donates a pair of shoes to a child in need with every pair you buy. It lets me be fashionable and charitable at the same time!

2) Donate. Around this time of year you'll see tons of opportunities to donate items. There are donation boxes and drives for everything from coats to food to eyeglasses. It's not hard to pick a few items out of the pantry for a food drive or donate a few dollars to a good cause.

3) Give of your time. Time is one of my most valuable commodities, but I always feel better when I spend my time helping others in need. It doesn't matter how you donate your time, either. Volunteer to watch a neighbor's child for free so she can run errands. Participate in your local church or civic center's charitable events. Send a care package to someone serving in the military.

These are just a few ways I like to give back with my time, and I'm eager to hear your ideas as well!

1 comments:

wow, new template! :D i think this one is nice!

anyway, about giving back... i think you can share your blessings to foundations... either via goods or cash.. as a blogger, i look for charity/foundation which i can feature and post about them so more people will know about their efforts and maybe support them as well...

 

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Written by Mys All Rights Reserved.
Just Like Me 2 Theme created by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Edited by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.